Pages

Monday, August 06, 2012

Dangerous Al-Gebra Movement

A public school teacher was arrested today at John F. Kennedy International Airport as he attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square, a slide rule, and a calculator.



At a morning press conference, the Attorney General said he believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement. He did not identify the man, who has been charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction.

'Al-Gebra is a problem for us,' the Attorney General said. 'They desire solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in a search of absolute value. They use secret code names like 'x' and 'y' and refer to themselves as 'unknowns,' but we have determined they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country.

As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, 'There are 3 sides to every triangle.

When asked to comment on the arrest, President George Bush said, 'If God had wanted us to have better Weapons of Math Instruction, He would have given us more fingers............and toes.'

White House aides told reporters they could not recall a more intelligent or profound statement by the President.

----------
I was thinking of this joke this afternoon; isn't it awesome? haha! :D

9 comments:

  1. Hahaha that was very good :-)
    Aunty Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my fav jokes! How did you know? ;)
    -Becka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha serious? lol did you send it for the newsletter that I'm (supposed...) to be doing, or was that someone else? lol :P

      Delete
  3. Haha yeah, are you going to finish another edition of your newsletter? I haven't got a recent copy since I joined! :) I've no idea if I sent this joke in. Sounds like something I'd do but ah, I don't remember. Let's make a deal, I'll write a story (a good one...lol) for your newsletter, or write an article or something, and you have to finish another edition. :)
    -Becka

    ReplyDelete
  4. weelllll......haha! yeah I had it on my list to do during the last school holidays...oops! :/
    I think at one point I was going to do it, but I couldn't decide whether to publish everything I already have in it (cos I had just about finished putting one together 1 1/2 to 2 years ago and I think I may have started printing it)or ask for new contributions...I have a couple of personal profiles which I feel I need to publish, but half the info would be out of date, and I feel kinda bad asking everyone to redo all their work when it's my fault it got out of date...so yeah that's partly why I havn't done it yet...not sure itf that makes much sense but anyways...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah don't worry about feeling bad. And this is perfectionist me talking haha! Just go ahead and ask whoever wrote what to update what they submitted, well like the profiles and things you particularly want to publish. It wouldn't be much trouble for them considering it's a lot quicker and a lot less hassle to edit and press "send" than write the thing in the first place. And feel free to ask for new contributions because most people want to read recent stuff and all the other people would have completely forgotten they submitted stuff so long ago anyway. Hey do you want to collaborate? I'm a bit of a designer (maybe I got it from my sister) and would love to help with anything if I can, if you need some inspiration. :)
    -Becka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx! haha! yeah ok I think I'll do that...not sure when tho! lol :P
      Thanks for that! I'll let you know once I get in to it cos I'm not sure what needs doing right now ;)

      Delete
    2. Cool, keep me updated! :)
      -Becka

      Delete